- The Dam was built by manual labor, most likely freemen. The earth for the dam was mined from a finger of land on the property. The site where the earth was mined is still visible today.
1855 - 1867
- The Cabin was built
1913 - 1935
- Jolly Pond Fishing Club was active. We were cleaning up the house and found old fishing journals from the club. It lists who went down, what they caught, and when they caught it. For us history buffs, this was a great find.
- My great Uncle and Aunt bought the property. The house was overgrown, and had to be excavated.
- The Pond by Robert Murphy was published. Murphy spent many summers at the pond in the early 1900's. In his adult life, he was senior editor of the Saturday Evening Post.
- The Wonderful World of Disney produced a two part TV movie based on The Pond, called The Secret of the Pond.
1950 - 1993
- The property was used as a private hunting and fishing club by my family. This is where every generation learned to run around in the woods, swing on vines, target shoot, and fish.
1993 - 2004
- In 1993, my Mother passed away suddenly at 50.
- My Dad was the only regular visitor. He maintained the exterior of the property, and built a wall, a wailing wall, in memory of my Mother. Most of us couldn't go down anymore, my Mother was the heart and soul of the place, and it wasn't the same without her.
- My son was 3 years old, and I wanted him to know Jolly's as I had known it. We met my Dad there, and the three of us began to reclaim the family tradition
2005 - Present:
- We have worked steadily to bring the property back, while maintaining the character. It is a special place that has meant so much to our family, and we would like to extend that opportunity to you.